The End of Fitzsimmons Road : Oak Creek Wi

For my son's blog, please visit this link...
https://aj-temple.blogspot.com/


So my son and I traveled to the End of Fitzsimmons Road in Oak Creek Wisconsin today...

We saw no ghosts - actually all we saw was this beautiful view of Lake Michigan.



My son and I decided to see first hand what all the fuss was about with the "ghost stories" when it comes to "the End of Fitzsimmons Rd in Oak Creek" , and since we live in the city ...



When we got to the barricade I was shocked to see about 5 cars parked. Beyond the barricade walking down the infamous Fitzsimmons Rd was many and I mean many people with their dogs, you would think this is an actual dog park!


All the people with their dogs.



While we were walking we met a lady with a poodle (I cant imagine a lady all alone on this road with a small dog unless it was safe as can be). She told me she remembers stories from her childhood of this being an open road with no barricade and cars going over the end. The end didn't look to steep, i imagine if you jump it would maybe bruise you but if a car flew off it may blow up (if it flipped).


I would like to say the cliff at the end looks worse in the picture than in real life but it actually looks pretty weak in the photo too. If there was snow I'd say "give me a sled".



Here are a few pictures of the Road







Here are a few misc pictures looking off the road left/right

Bench

Bridge

Bridge

Bridge

Drain Tunnel



Here is a shot of the Oak Creek Power Plant from Fitzsimmons Rd



Cool picture of some roots growing through the asphalt



Here is a few pictures of the End of the Road


The End before the posts


Perhaps these posts were put here to stop cars from speeding over the edge ...

The End where a car would go over if it made it through the THICK posts
Seriously those posts are like 8inch by 8inch thick and they are probably that thick for a reason.


Panoramic standing at the very End.


My son and I at the End
:)

For my son's blog, please visit this link...
https://aj-temple.blogspot.com/

Just when I would like to end this story I have to point out something odd. We found a lot of the number "87" all around. I don't know what it means or why its there but I know we saw it at least ten times.














A few days after our visit to Fitzsimmons Rd i was wondering,
Is there any reports of deaths or suicides that i can find on the web ?

I found one on the web. Gwen Johnson 1982

Gwen went to a party the night that she died, and then went to a tavern with some friends. She left the tavern alone, and drove off the 125 foot cliff at the end of Fitzsimmons Road in Bender Park and plunged into Lake Michigan. Her body was found about a half mile away from the car.



A video I took of what it looks like Fall of 2018






No comments:

Post a Comment